This morning I woke up and took the picture above. I have been a fiend at the gym lately and I have been going to Zumba 4 times a week and the main muscle group you really feel working in Zumba is your abs. I leave to Arizona in a couple weeks and am happy that I wont have to be self-conscious or feel I should have worked out more, because I really have been. I have been so stressed this month with school as well as relationship issues. I can’t handle a lot of stress unless I am working out everyday. Being at the gym, or up in the mountains just keeps me in balance. So even though I am officially back to being single, I know I will be fine because I no longer have to carry the stress of that relationship as well as all the third party drama that came with that.
So upcoming events I have on the agenda this coming month is continuing my gym routine, going zip lining, and hopefully trying out a trapeze class I’ve wanted to try. I have a few Groupon’s for a bunch of kayaking and paddle boarding so id like to use those also.
Anyway back to my point of getting great abs, here are some of the things I do that have helped:
- Eat Breakfast- my day begins at 5am. I wake up everyday at that time so my body usually needs fuel right away. Eating gives you energy and there is no excuse to not eat breakfast. If you wait till lunch to eat, you are bound to feel drowsy or unmotivated afterward because your body has been going on so long with nothing.
- Do Cardio- As I have said so many times before. An all-over body sweat gives quick results. Even if you run, take a kickboxing class, or walk a stair climber…all these things help.
- Weight Train- adding weights burns more fat than cardio so it is good to add this to your week. I love weight training because I see instant results. There are many workouts that will target your abdominal muscles also. Besides all of this I do planks. I do planks every day for 5 times at 1-minute intervals. They work every part of the abdominal muscles and show results quickly. If you don’t want to use weights, Yoga and Pilates help a lot also.
- Don’t Drink too much- I always say this because it is true. It is liquid calories and liquid poison to the body. It will be tough to see results while drinking too much.
- Eat Small Dinners- Unless I’m out with friends getting dinner together, I don’t usually eat dinner. Or I have something very small. I eat all throughout the day so by dinnertime I am pretty full. But I feel this helps in getting your abs in shape.
- Be Happy- life is precious. Do not stress over how you look too much. Sure I created this blog for staying in shape and tracking progress, but I am not unhappy or wish I were anything different than who I am. I have goals and know that with effort, I can accomplish them. Never look at other people and compare. You are unique and amazing in your own way and negativity about your self-image will not encourage change and progress. KNOW you can meet your fitness goals if you do a little everyday. If you think negatively about yourself, it will slow down the process. I promise. Positivity is a gift. Good luck!